Students will be admitted in the following order. If classes are filled per criteria below, lottery will be used to fill openings at that level. Class sizes are limited; therefore, a waiting list may be established.
1. Current students whose registration is complete, tuition payments are current, and whose family is in compliance with the Family Volunteer Service Contract.
2. Siblings of present students whose families meet criteria 1.
3. New students whose parent, family member, or guardian are faculty/staff or currently serving on the Board of Trustees, or who have served as a Board member in the past, as confirmed by the Secretary of the Board.
4. Children who have stayed on the waiting list for the prior school year, have registered for the current school year, and still qualify for categories 5 through 7 in the admission policy. The waiting list will not be redrawn and the order carries over from the prior year.
5. New students whose immediate family member (sibling or parent) is an alumni of the school.
6. New students whose parents, family member, or guardian have demonstrated significant volunteerism and or stewardship and are active members of a Catholic parish as determined by the Board.
7. New students who are Catholic, not meeting criteria in 6 above.
8. Remaining positions will be filled by lottery.
9. Late applicants submitted after the New Family Enrollment Period will be placed in order paperwork received.
Sibling status is defined as a new incoming student who is a sibling of a currently enrolled MTCES student. Sibling status is granted only to families who enroll a sibling during the priority enrollment period and do not withdraw the older child at a later time. If a new family registers more than one child and only one of the child(ren) is accepted, the other child(ren) are not granted sibling status until the following year's enrollment period. Those who are unable to gain admittance may wish to remain on a waiting list. The order of those placed on the waiting list will also be determined by lottery. Registrations not received by the deadline will be placed on the waiting list in the order they are received.
Kindergarten students must be five years of age on or before September 30 and participate in a kindergarten readiness screening.
Transfer students will be admitted after completing registration, a review of records from previous educational institution(s), and an interview with Administration. All transfer students entering MTCES are placed on probation. Probation lasts a minimum of one trimester and will be reviewed periodically following these guidelines for full admission.
Mother Teresa Catholic Elementary School is a private, Catholic elementary school supported by tuition and donations. The school strongly supports the parish concept and the importance of a family's commitment to its parish. The school also keeps an active, open, and ongoing relationship with the area parishes to foster and nurture the identity of the Catholic parish. We very much encourage parents to continue to support their respective parish in all regards and as deemed appropriate by their parish.
Registration materials for the 2020-21 school year can be found here.
Families must submit a completed Registration Form, Parish & Volunteer Documentation Form, Volunteer Opportunities Form, a copy of the child's birth and baptismal certificates, and a $150 deposit which will be applied towards tuition. The deposit is per family, not per child.
Staff Help Desk | © 2020. Mother Teresa Catholic Elementary School. All Rights Reserved.